Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tooting my horn

Okay, so sorry for the delay, but I wanted to let everyone know I officially graduated on Saturday. I now have extra letters after my name. Go me! And now for the semi-bragging, I graduated cum laude (top 15%). Yeah for me! I worked really hard and if I had tried a little hard this last semester, I probably could have been higher, but so what?

Now I am studying for the bar. It is not fun and I don't want to talk about. Nor do I seem to want to do it. Today is the first day I made it to the library to study after class, and all I've managed to do is surf the internets. Mind you, I haven't had a connect to the internet since Friday when our stupid cable company did something stupid and I haven't been able to get on the world wide web since then. So, now I'm at the library with the wifi and the distraction and here I am, updating my blog.

For graduation weekend, my mom & dad, sister & niece, and the boy's parents all came to see me. It was exhausting. Mostly because mom, dad, sister & niece all stayed with me and the boy, so the boy and I slept on an air mattress in the living room. Oh, and graduation was at 9 am, which meant we had to be there by 7:45 am. What is wrong with people? I had to rent a minivan. I'm not really minivan material quite yet. It is too big and I can't see out the windows. It was good to see my family, but it was also good to see them go. I just haven't felt like I've had time to myself, not that I do now, with the bar studying.

However, I would simply state that my niece is very cute and getting somewhat speedy on the crawling and grabbing and general fascination which everything she's not supposed to touch. She also did not cry at all through my two plus hour graduation. She slept. I wanted to, too. We also took her for her first "swim" in our apartment pool. She didn't cry at all, except when we put the sunscreen on her before we went down stair. It was largely because she wanted to play with the sunscreen stick, but she wasn't allowed because it was necessary to hold the stick in order to apply the sunscreen. See the dilemma. Apparently, her newest "trick" is to cry when she doesn't get what she wants. It's hard for my sister because she tries to not give in, but then there are six other adults who aren't her parents around giving in.

For those of you who care, my dad won the election he was in. It was a very big deal to him, and thus to me and my family. I'm terribly proud of my dad and who he is. Politics, however, you stink, despite your provision of my earliest jobs.

Anyway, much love to the two of you still reading.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

If I had a horn, I would toot it in the general direction(s) of you and your dad. Yay for you!