Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jumping through hoops, just because

So, I've taken on even more stress intentionally, and I'm pissed off about how other people are handling it. Not the boy, the boy says "Do what you want to because I love and support you.", which is refreshing. Others are saying "We don't think that you've proven yourself capable because we're bitter about things as related to our lives, and we think that you cannot conceive of a way to balance your own life." To them I say "NUTS TO YOU."

I've been all over the place emotionally and rage wise, and I've consistently woken up four hours after I go to bed having similarly frightening dreams about these things that are bothering me. They never end well, and sometimes I don't fall back asleep for an hour. Therefore, I am frustrated and sleep deprived. Someone told me yesterday it was like I have been dunked into the bitter soup and seem to be very mean about very petty things (particularly near strangers at law school). It's true, but I've sort of stopped caring, which bothers me. I used to care a lot, and now I don't. I am therefore declaring myself "bitter cakes" and will work on the recipe.

Random side note, I think I understand where the phrase "Nuts to you" may come from. Apparently really long meals with many courses started with soup and ended with nuts (thus "from soup to nuts"). So perhaps saying "nuts to you" is like saying I'm done with you/this and the meal is over, please leave my parlor.

And, I'm certain that no one is reading this anymore, but if you are, notice how often I've posted for the last few weeks. Aren't you proud?

PS My niece is growing and she is still the cutest in all the land. She's as big as her stuffed pig now!

1 comment:

Laurie K said...

I noticed how much you are posting! yay! I also excessively use exclamation points!