Tuesday, October 02, 2007

How do you politely ask someone to...

... not type on their laptop so loud that it echos throughout the desks and over the Beatles in my headphones?

... stop chewing crunchy items that are so loud I can hear you eating 50 feet away?

... to not be a f***-tard?

I am in one of those places where everything is coming down at once. So, my plan is to not to sleep until 10am. Ohh, poor me, I have to get up a normal hour that the vast majority of people get up at everyday in the real world. But, in all seriousness, I am swamped and frustrated by some lack of support by "partners" in the efforts. Perhaps my control-freak nature has a bad flip side in that way that I do so much that I create an expectation in the other person that they don't need to do anything. Also, some people are worse then me and only seek allies in their desire to be a belabored hard-worker, but in reality, they tied their own noose and I don't care about their complaints, but I need the stuff they're supposed to have done.

And I'm taking a class which is called "Gender in the Law" which could be awesome if a) some classmates would start talking more; b) some classmates would stop talking; or c) the class could be limited to the Professor (on whom I have a major girl crush) and one other student who is awesome (I may also have a girl crush on her, but she and her husband seems okay with that). Right now we're switching from sexual harassment to domestic violence. The reading assignments aren't all that fun. But, I do see how lucky I am to have not been confronted with a lot of these issues (or at least not yet) and even luckier that there are smart people out there writing smart articles which make it obvious for many otherwise stupid people as to why such things are a) more complicated than simple violence/anger; b) why victimization is about asserting power; c) not being addressed in the current law; and d) actually are issues of public policy and not simple private issues that need to be resolved privately.

Okay, enough of my ranting, I must go do stuff for things.

No comments: