Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One down, one to go . . .

So, I've taken one final. The harder final. The final that I knew I wasn't prepared for. I didn't bomb it. I just didn't ace it either, but I'm okay with that. It was hard, but I finished. For example of the difficulty here is a paraphrase of the last question, which details removed:

If case X (decided 19xx, p. xxx in text) was decided five years later, what additional issue would the court have had to address and how would that have changed the analysis.

UMMMMM...

Thank goodness it was open book, so I could just start flipping through to read the dates of decision of later cases that might be relevant. I figured out something, and so I could answer the question, but well...we'll see how well.

So, now I have one more test to take. It's a 100 question True/False test. Seriously, I'm a little scared of that because I know that those sorts of questions aren't actually easy when that's all you're being tested on. Especially when it comes to ethics. Ethics very rarely test your knowledge when the issues are black and white. Instead, you have to look at the nuanced gray areas to really determine if you understand the crux of the issue. So, to then get to the issues by asking true/false questions only means that you can't get away with explaining the issue and then making you decision, you have to choose...I don't want to choose...blah.

Other than that, I'm starting bar prep classes in a week and a half. On a Saturday. What the crap? Why couldn't they wait til Monday?

I'm also starting to exercise more. This is good because for the first time in my life I'm really not happy with my body. I'm getting fat in certain areas. I'm clearly not fit. My clothes and I struggle on a regular basis. Therefore, I really need to work on making myself okay with my body. On way to do that is to exercise. The other is to diet. Not really diet, but to eat consciously. I have found that I'm not really not paying a lot of attention to what I'm eating and what's in it. I've started eating a LOT of processed food. That's not good for you because there is a whole lot of extra crap in there that you can't pronounce and don't put in when you cook. So, now I'm trying to cook more using whole foods and known ingredients. I'm not perfect, but it's a start.

So, that's what's up with me right now. What's up with you? Does anyone read this anymore?

2 comments:

Laurie K said...

I still read! Yay for school being almost over!

Melinda said...

I'm still here too.

I've come down with The Fats, also. But I haven't started exercising more. I'm saving that for tomorrow. Or never.