Monday, January 28, 2008

I got my oil changed...

So, I try to talk to my parents once a week, more for their peace of mind than anything else. But, sometimes when we talk, I have nothing say, and we end up talking about weather. I am very interested in the weather, but I just cannot focus on a conversation for more than a minute when that's all that's up for discussion. Similarly, I do not focus when people tell me stories but cannot remember the important details, like the name of the person you ran into who I used to work with 8 years ago who is blond and short, well shorter than you anyway, or when you insist upon only discussing where the mucus is in your head. I'm just not that tolerant, especially when I'm tired. This is what happened last night while I was talking and my dad asked if he had called in the middle of an interesting show. He hadn't, and in fact there was almost nothing on last night (Damn the Strike!!!!). So, apparently I was just really tired. Mostly, all I could think to say is that the only thing going on with me was that I had gotten the oil changed in the car and then went to Costco. That was, in fact, the highlight of my week. And this week does not seem like it will be more interesting. At least there will be politics to complain about.

Since I clearly have nothing going on in my life, I will share the following about other people who I know who probably don't read this blog...

My friend from high school had her baby. Woo hooo! I've yet to receive pictures.

Friends of the boy's son fell down at pre-school in such a way that he has a spiral fracture high on his femur (near the hip joint). He is two years old (but the size of a four year old) and is in a "full body cast." Apparently, a full body cast isn't as full as it sounds. He has both arms free, a whole for stuffing diapers in, an open tummy area, and the lower half of one (the non-broken) leg is free. Oddly, his mom says he hasn't been too fussy about it, and for the last two weeks has entertained himself well enough. She suspects its because he doesn't know enough to be truly upset about it. I think they're dosing him because he's one of the most active little boys I have seen (not that I've seen a lot of little boys, but he does not stop until he is exhausted enough to go to bed, and even then it's chaos). BTW, I don't really think that, but it sounded funnier.

The boy has taken to calling my niece the "alien baby" because "she is too little." I informed him that apparently she is a "peanut baby" because my sister said so. He continues to disagree...
Because my niece is just another Gerber looking baby, I will post the following picture of me and her from Christmas, which is now my background on my computer...




I'm sorry, but when did my family get so Nordic?


The difference between "organic ranch dressing" and normal ranch dressing...bits of onion.

No comments: