Tuesday, January 15, 2008

And then....

Okay, so I left off telling you about my trip home. To summarize, my niece is cute but vomits, my parents have a better social life than me, my best friend from high school was a big as a house and will explode with a baby soon, and questions about marriage are awkward and weird when asked by anyone.

Actually, the issue of getting married only came up a couple of times, once with the boy there and once without. I don't know why I'm uncomfortable with this topic, but really the boy and I talk about getting married pretty openly. He's all for running to Vegas for a planning free wedding. I don't think that's really what I want. But, we don't have a date and idea for the wedding, and I haven't been asked yet -- although the boy keeps saying stuff about it just out of my hearing to other people...he's not as subtle as he thinks. For me, the wedding seems a mere formality and an excuse to make all of my friends come and party with me. But it seems very important to a lot of other people. Don't know why.

So, then we came back here to San Diego. The boy's best friend from college was in town and we hung out with him on New Years Eve. We went to Dave and Busters, which is like Chuckie Cheese's for grown ups (you can play ski ball with a gin and tonic). We only intended to go for happy hour and dinner then we would go home for a quiet and relaxed evening of watching movies. Well, some how midnight rolled around and we were still there and I was very, very intoxicated. I switched to drinking waters. At some point I talked to some of my very good friends who were together, but then I hung up because apparently I'd forgotten to inform the boy and his friend that I was going outside to talk on the phone and they sort of freaked out because they couldn't find me. I would swear that I told them while they were playing one of the games, but that is neither here nor there. I think that I said I would call my friends back, but I didn't and I know I didn't talk to everyone. I am sorry about that and hope you all had plenty of fun in the Vermont snow. Feel free to rant at me via e-mail...

So, then school started last week. I haven't gotten all of my student loans, and therefore have no money. So, I have been quietly staying at home and watching the TV and pretending to get through my reading. Really, I do the reading, but I'm not really paying a lot of attention to it. It's more like skimming with highlighter than anything else. This weekend, however, there were free parties to attend, and I actually went to a party at a house of my fellow law students. There was much fun because I watched other people play this game based on guitar hero, but with a drum set and microphone. You compete as a band to become a rock band hero. It is fun to watch people play this while they drink. Things are just more serious yet much sloppier.

And now I'm at the library not studying for my classes today. I'm sure that this space will go back to my traditional rant about the whole wide world soon, but I just thought I'd finish up my "where I've been for the last three months" post.

If you could go see anything in Europe, where would you go?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two places: Tuscany (but I've already been) or Luxembourg (where I have not).