Monday, January 22, 2007

Procrastination

So, really I should be writing part of the 40 page paper that I need to have a full draft of done by Monday, but I don't wanna. I thought what better use of my time then to update my blog. I don't really have anything to say, but I thought that I'd check in with whoever is left reading this.

To the update-mobile!

Classes have started for real. I have yet to fall behind on the day-to-day readings, which really shouldn't be that much of an accomplishment as I have only had five days of classes, but I am me and I do get behind on occassion. I just fake it real good when I need to look on top of the world.

My grades were due to be turned in by professors by today. As of 5:30 pm I had no grades. Most people have one or two, and some have all, of their grades by now and I have none. I am concerned and totally obsessed. A good student this does not make...I am also paranoid that something happened and my grades did not come through and I'll have gone through an entire semester of school and not get any credit for that. How's that for paranoia.

My parents are coming to southern California this weekend, which is kind of inconvient because of the paper, but I am glad that I get to see them sooner rather than later. There is also the possibility that my parents will meet the boys parents, but nothing is solidified for that, so we shall see. It is a big step in my mind becuase my parents have never met a boy's parents while I was dating said boy. Largely because my dad believes there is a time for such things and one had not been reached by me until now. That's scary to me. However, I have never lived with a boy before either and that seems to be okay except for the burden sharing of chores and payment. I do one, he does the other. It seems unbalanced, but I can only expect sharing on one half because I am still in school.

I had a really great two hour conversation with the professor I TA for about what she wants to do with her life and what she did before she became a professor. It was really cool because I had never talked to her like that before, even though she took me to a San Diego Chargers football game. It's somehow comforting to know that even people who are much older than me are still trying to figure out what to do next. Oh, and it is helpful to remember that professors are real people who sometimes do stupid things too.

And GO BEARS!

No comments: