Friday, September 19, 2008

Where am I?

So, I'm currently visiting Minneapolis. I woke up three times in the middle of the night and had minor panic attacks because I had no idea of where I was. Here's why. In the last four weeks, I've been in 11 cities. I've spent no more that four nights in any one of those cities. Never mind the nights on the train, where even when I think about it, I wouldn't have the opportunity to beginning to figure out where the heck I am, other than, I'm not at any of the destinations I'm trying to reach.

For those of you in the Chicago region who begged me to visit them, I'm sorry but I clearly didn't make. There is a possibility that I will be in the area sometime soon, and I'll let you know if it's going to work out in a more personal way, but I wanted to give you a public shout out that I'm sorry I didn't see you and I suck because of it.

There is so much to update people about, so I'll start with this: Italy is full of old stuff. Really cool old stuff. I saw a lot of it, and I took a stupidly large number of pictures while there. Here are a few of them.






This is the front of the Pantheon, the oldest still standing building in Rome. It was only saved because they altered it into a Christian church, which is the decor it still has. All the old statutes which were for the Roman gods, were removed and likely turning into mortar for new buildings.


This is me in front of the famous Trevi Fountain. Go me.

These are some building in Venice. The one on the right is leaning because the foundation is made of petrified wood, as is all of Venice.



This is the Venetian graveyard. The people who founded Venice as a city of islands realized they needed to do something with the bodies, and they decided that they would just dedicate one island to burials. Now it is full and you must be a super important Venetian to be buried there.

So, that's a little update. Now I must e-mail people about working so that I can pay for this whole running around the world thing I've been doing.

No comments: